|Structure name||Tanno Bridge|
|Structure type||①PC 3-span continuous box girder bridge
②PC 8-span continuous composite girder bridge
|Structural factors||Length of bridge 438.1m
Span length ①(51.0+86.0+51.0m ②8@30.0m
|Client||Abashiri Deparement of Public Works Management, Okhotsk General Subprefectural Bureau,Hokkaido Government|
|Designer||①C. E. Services Co.,Ltd.
②Koken Engineering Co.,Ltd.
|Contractor||①Joint-venture group DPS Bridge Works Co.,Ltd・Zenitaka Co.・Hirono Gumi Co.,Ltd
Joint-venture group Nippon High strength Concrete Co.,Ltd・Tekkenn Co.・Ikomagumi Co.
②Joint-venture group Nippon High strength Concrete Co.,Ltd・Tokyu Co.・Watanabegumi Co.,Ltd
Joint-venture group Nippon High strength Concrete Co.,Ltd・Oriental Shiraishi Co.
|Route name||Kawamukaitanno line , General Prefectural Road|
Tanno bridge has a long history. In 1903, settlement began in the Kawamukai area, and the first Tanno bridge was constructed using funds from all the residents in 1914 because accidents often occurred when people crossed the Tokoro River. A succession of Tanno Bridges (first to fifth) were damaged by floods or washed away, to be followed by reconstruction of a new Tanno Bridge. The sixth Tanno Bridge was constructed in 1959, and was not washed away, but the seventh Tanno Bridge (currently in service) replaced it in order to deal with an increase in traffic and vehicle size, provide a sidewalk, and to improve earthquake resistance.